The Analytics Developer is an integral part of the Dashboard, Analytics and Reporting team (DAR), which is responsible for the design, development, testing, and integrity of all business intelligence assets, including reports, dashboards, visualizations, and reporting data repositories to ensure a best-in-class experience. They implement the technical integration of system, department-level, and 3rd party data to deliver key metrics across the company.
With respect to the company, the Analytics Developer supports a world-class analytics experience through implementing recognized industry best practices, along with emerging industry practices, mobile capabilities, and innovative solutions to enable self-service analytics throughout Brandmuscle. The in-depth understanding of legacy and future business intelligence architectures is essential for success in this position.
The Analytics Developer responsibilities include:
- Planning and supporting the design and implementation of infrastructure to support the analytics environment.
- Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of Brandmuscle’s analytical solutions and leveraging that knowledge to continuously evolve analytics at Brandmuscle.
- Building ETL processes, data models, reports, and dashboards to support the team and the self-service infrastructure.
- Assisting the DAR team, product owner, and organization with implementing data modeling best practices.
- Participating in team collaboration through idea-sharing and brainstorming sessions.
- Providing data migration, problem solving, business analysis, insights and data visualizations.
- Developing and following guidelines for master data management and data quality within the DAR team.
- Coordinating with other departments within Brandmuscle to effectively understand where deeper insights can be construed from the data and interpreting those needs into reporting.
- Assisting the director to set direction and find solutions to address business opportunities and challenges.
- Providing ongoing feedback and assessment of project status and issues to the director.
- Demonstrating a hands-on, high energy work ethic and championing a team player attitude.
- Continually evaluate business intelligence analytics industry trends and new technologies.
- Prioritizing, coordinating, and managing varying priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated track record supporting the implementation of complex technological solutions.
- Ability to follow a well-focused strategic plan that results in measurable success and market leading performance.
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent subject matter experience
- Experience with data architecture, data modeling, database design and the use of data warehouses and data marts.
- Experience with star and snowflake database design and modeling.
- Experience with SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, and SQL Server 2016.
- Experience with change data capture and implementing CDC on large scale deployments.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Must be thoroughly computer literate and able to learn new software quickly.
- Some travel may be required.
- Familiarity with Alteryx, Azure, AWS, Power BI, SQL, & Jira
- Experience with SOAP and REST API’s
- Experience with Python or R
- Microsoft Certifications
- Advertising or marketing knowledge a plus
- 6-8 + years of business intelligence and analytics experience in both enterprise and self-service environments.
- 6-8 + years of experience developing and implementing business intelligence solutions.